WWE2K14 to Feature Undertaker-Themed ‘Streak Mode’
With the release of WWE2K14 looming near I didn’t expect anything new to be announced, but the folks at 2KGames have surprised me…in a good way. Yesterday the company unveiled “Streak Mode”, which will challenge players to either defend The Undertaker‘s storied Wrestlemania winning streak or be the one to end it. Here are the details straight from the horse’s mouth (meaning I pretty much just copied and pasted what they said):
Defend the Streak
- Play as The Undertaker or The Undertaker (Retro)
- Defend the Phenom’s legacy in a non-stop, slobberknocker-style contest
- The more Superstars and Legends you defeat, the higher the score
- Upload and share your scores online
Defeat the Streak
- Face The Undertaker or The Undertaker (Retro) at Wrestlemania and try to defeat him.
- The Undertaker will have special abilities specific to this mode.
- Upload and share results/scores online.
Slobberknocker Mode was my favorite mode in the last WWE game I actually enjoyed (Smackdown Vs. Raw ’06) so to hear that it’s making somewhat of a comeback for WWE2K14 gets me excited. I also like that this mode keeps in line with not only the Wrestlemania theme of this year’s iteration but also the focus on The Undertaker (you know, with the special “Phenom Edition” of the game and all). In short HELL F*CKING YES. I haven’t gotten excited about much in WWE2K14 but this has my interest definitely peaked. Bring it on.
WWE2K14 releases for the current-gen systems on October 29th. You can still pre-order (for all systems, not just the PS3) by clicking the Amazon link below.